Posts Tagged ‘iphone OS 3.1’
Yes. It’s late considering I’ve already shown why iPhone OS 3.1 sucks. But, to stay trueish to the tech stuff floating on the intertubes I realized I should post what Apple considers an update. Can you tell that I am pissed about 3.1? Ok. Good, because I am not –not (that’s a double negative if you didn’t pay attention.)
For what it’s worth:
iPhone OS 3.1 Software Update
This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
• Genius recommendations for Applications
• iTunes 9 support
– Genius Mixes
– Organize your apps directly in iTunes
– Improved syncing options for music, movies, TV
shows, podcasts and photos
– iTunes U content organization
• Redeem iTunes Gift cards, codes and certificates in the
• Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store
and iTunes Store
• Browse and download ringtones wirelessly from the
• Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
• Option to “Save as new clip” when trimming a video on
• Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is
• Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
• Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth
• Paste phone numbers into the Keypad
• Option to use Home button to turn on Accessibility
features on iPhone 3GS
• Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-
• Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation
• Fixes issue that caused some app icons to display
Products compatible with this software update:
• iPhone 3G
• iPhone 3GS
* Not available in all regions.
That’s correct. Still no MMS.
I updated my phone to iPhone OS 3.1 yesterday, since then my phone randomly becomes non-responsive. I did some research and found that others are having the same issue on the Apple forums. The phone randomly stops responding to anything, neither the home button nor lock button are recognized. The only way out is by performing a hard reset. This is very frustrating since I don’t know if it’ll shut off (assuming it’s shutting off, I don’t know what’s happening) in the middle of the night–it’s my alarm clock.
There’s a video below showing that the phone won’t do anything. I didn’t shut off the phone and make it look like it’s non-responsive, what would be the point of that? I did notice the phone locks up after a it’s been jerked around; that makes me wonder if the accelerometer is causing an issue. Anyway, if you’re having the same issue post it in the Apple forum and comment below.
In case you’re wondering, it’s an iPhone 3G.